Sunday, September 10, 2023

The top five sources I get my news from:


  1. Head in the Office podcast (https://open.spotify.com/show/0i3nQ0AUhJ62urYdpfBpin)

This is my favorite way to get the news. I listen to the “Head in the Office” podcast on spotify plus many of their extra clips on TikTok. I am not a huge podcast person but Jeremy and Gage have a lot of great witty banter that helps keep their relatively dry topics fun to listen to. I also enjoy that they usually keep their episodes closer to an hour. My only gripe is that they are heavily left leaning. However, they clearly market themselves as “a leftist point of view.”

  1. The View Point Newspaper (https://www.theviewpointnews.com/)

The View Point Newspaper is a new, up and coming, online paper by High Point University students about news for High Point University students. Therefore, it is both incredibly relevant to me and a good way for me to receive local and campus news. For example, they just recently posted a great story about Miss Val, the HPU security guard that went viral. Plus, it is always great to support student journalism, especially when they are my peers!

  1. Social Media/Word of mouth

Very often I will hear about a breaking story from someone I know. What is also very common for me is for a story to get big enough online through social media that I end up hearing about it from a random video on Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube before I hear about it in real life. Whether I hear about a breaking story via online or in person, this will usually lead to me looking up a more credible source online to find out more about what has been proven to have happened.

  1. CNN (https://www.cnn.com/cnn10)

When I was younger, my teacher would show my class a short weekly video series called CNN 10 on every friday. CNN 10 covered the news of the week in a short, easily understandable format. It was perfect for students. Due to this, I have a soft spot in my heart for CNN so I will usually go to them first to read stories. Sometimes, I will check in on CNN 10 to see one of their videos too. They are still really good, but not anywhere near as good as when Carl Azuz was the host.

 

  1. My Dad

I often find myself talking to my dad about current events and politics because he keeps very up to date on the happenings in the country. Plus his favorite sources are Fox News and Newsmax, which are both strongly right leaning. I find that this difference of opinions is healthy for me to see some of the many perspectives on the current issues of the modern world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  From watching this video from the 1964 World’s Fair in New York to then watching this video by Julian West, it is very interesting to ...